Wednesday, June 30, 2010

summer

Ryan and I are finding different ways to keep ourselves busy this summer. So far this summer Ryan has interviewed with a company which we jointly agreed we did not think was what God had in store for him this summer, he has worked football camps at the high schoool, and he is currently in Abilene doing some work for his dad this week. This timing is complete perfection because I take my first portion of the CPA exam on Friday and having all distractions eliminated is a super big help to getting my studying done. I have to brag a little on my sweet hubbs-when I got home last night he had already left for Abilene but had left 4 cupcakes, starbursts, snickers, reese's, reese's pieces, gum, and monsters on our kitchen table so that I would have study snack pack. What a sweetie!!! He has done such a great job of helping me out since my entire summer has so far been dedicated to stuyding for the exam. He has been so helpful to run errands, return items to PB, C&B, Dillards, Target, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, put together furniture, take apart furniture, do laundry, cook dinner, make lunches. This man is unreal. God has blessed me. I am anxious to get all four parts done so that I can do the household stuff again and bless Ryan by serving him like he has blessed me, start my job free of the stress of the exam, get more involved with Watermark, and go to Rockwall football games to possibly catch a glimpse of my husband since I know free time will be nonexistant when football season gets started.

Ryan and I have had such a busy year and were in such a weird phase (not single, not married) we couldn't quite find a place in our church (besides our 8 week pre-marital class). I served for a while in the children's ministry but felt I was doing the kids an injustice by missing so often by being out of town, having wedding showers, having a group project, etc., so I stopped serving there in February. We are excited to connect with a Foundation Group during the Group Link event the church has in August. Foundation Groups are for newly married couples and we can hardly wait to get plugged into Watermark that way. I also found out about a Women's Bible Study that I would really love to be a part of beginning in September. This fall should definitely be interesting as Ryan has already been told to expect to be working 80 hour weeks come football season! HOLY MOLY. I am so not looking forward to the not seeing him part. I am excited to see what this year is like compared to last. I know Ryan is going to be A-mazing with his guys. They love Coach K. Once I get started with EY I will most likely be having a few of those 80 hour weeks here and there myself.

I feel so blessed that God has given Ryan and I both good jobs and am so looking forward to seeing what exactly He has in store for us next. We know it will be great and right and perfect. We're ready!

1 comment:

  1. Whitney, you are amazing. Keep up the good work. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete