Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's Official

On Saturday afternoon Ryan and I were ecstatic to find our marriage license had arrived!! Being the accountant that I am I go by the rules...so in my mind getting our marriage license meant we were legally married and now I could legally change my name!!! We were so excited that we took a picture of it to show everyone!



Today I made the treck to the Social Security Office to start the name change process. Boy, is it a process!!!! There's social security card, driver's license, bank account, checks, email address, miscellaneous accounts, our lease, THE LIST GOES ON! I am thoroughly excited to be changing my name...partially because it means I am married to the love of my life and partially because now I don't have to spell out M-E-N-T-Z-E-L everytime somebody asks me my last name. Just this morning I was registering for my CPA Final Review courses using Ryan's credit card and it was so nice to just say "Ryan S Kennedy" without any further clarification! Awesome.

Pictures from the wedding have come trickling in from parents, other family, and friends, so we will update soon with some wedding pictures, but here is one of our favorites that our WONDERFUL photographer (Kelly Hornberger) took after the ceremony...


How handsome is he???

Last weekend we had our good friends Chris and Whitney over for dinner. It was our first time to host anybody in our apartment and we had a blast! Ryan and Chris grilled the burgers on the grill down by our apartment complex pool while Whitney and I finished the sides, buns, etc. upstairs in the kitchen. We feel so blessed to have such a loving, Godly couple as such good friends! Love you guys!

Have a great week everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment