Tuesday, August 31, 2010

watermark

First of all, WOW...I can't believe it has been a month since my last post! This month FLEW...which is awesome because I took two sections of the CPA exam and Ryan had two-a-days, so needless to say we weren't exactly thrilled about how our days were spent haha. We are both starting to see the fruits of our labor though. Ryan is doing GREAT with coaching corners and is feeling encouraged by their performance. I am so proud of the work he is doing...he amazes me...especially by starting his day at 5am and not getting to bed until after 10pm. I'm a girl who needs her sleep, so I've officially ruled out varsity football coach as a profession. That was easy. I have been encouraged by passing two of the three sections of the exam I have taken! I am still waiting on the third score, but I am so incredibly thankful for my success. God is good. His hand was absolutely in this.

Now that we got that out of the way... the actual point of this entry was to write about what an amazing influence Watermark is beginning to have in our lives. We attended a kick off for Foundation Groups on Sunday. Foundation Groups are a group of 4-6 newly married couples gathering together with a mentor couple. At the meeting they stressed the fact that their approach was offense rather than defense. Meaning that they are proactive in their ministry toward newly married couples rather than fixing problems as they arrive...how refreshing! We are so excited and can't wait to be placed in a group. I start my women's bible study on September 9th and cannot wait to dive into that. On September 12th Ryan and I will start serving on Frontlines (as greeters). We feel so blessed to be a part of such a great church home. Todd's message on Sunday was my absolute favorite sermon that we have heard during our attendance since last August. His focus was on your story not being over yet. He gave 10 practical ways to be a disciple. What a humbling and truth-revealing sermon! Here is the link to the podcast if you have a little bit of time to listen: http://www.watermarkradio.com/index.php?id=153

No comments:

Post a Comment